Savannah Specific Resources
- Operates CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) and Family Visitation Center
- Use of Family Visitor’s Center for Tharros Place residents/ former residents, and staff training on human trafficking
Chatham County Safety Net Planning Council
- Develops and implements programs to promote safety and resilience in Chatham County
- Programs include… Prevent Suicide Today, Mindful Self-Compassion, Trauma-Sensitive Yoga, and Front Porch ACTS: Adolescents & Children Transforming Savannah
H.O.P.E Court, Memorandum of Understanding; Referral Form
- Juvenile Court Treatment Court for victims of Human Trafficking
- Critical partner in identifying victims, referrals, collaborating in juvenile court process
- Rape Crisis Center
- Counseling, case management, and aftercare for residents
Park Place Outreach
- Youth Emergency Shelter for homeless youth
- Partner in referrals for residents who are identified as victims of human trafficking and staff training on human trafficking
Mediation Center for Coastal Georgia
- Provides mediation and conflict resolution services & Ambassadors of Peace conflict resolution education to residents
Traffic Jam; Educational Convention
- An annual event raising awareness of human trafficking, education about the issue, and inspiring change within the Georgia community.
Georgia Specific Resources:
Child Advocacy Center of Georgia
- Conducts forensic interviews, family and victim advocacy, therapy and therapy referrals, medical exams and referrals.
Chatham County Juvenile Court
- Have multiple programs, including H.O.P.E Court listed above, all intended to assist youth involved with the juvenile system to receive therapy, different services such as a youth educational shop lifting program, and mediation.
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta; Stephanie Blank Center
- Conducts forensic medical exams on minor victims of sex trafficking and sexual assault
CJCC Human Trafficking Task Force
- Protects the citizens of Georgia from perpetrators and systems of exploitation while concurrently working to support recovery of adults and victims of all forms of exploitation to ensure that they are ready for college, work, and a successful future.
Georgia Bureau of Investigation; Child Abuse Investigative Support Center
- Operates Child Exploitation and Computer Crimes Unit
- Linked is the Child Abuse Investigative Support Center specifically for investigation of maltreatment of youth within Georgia
Georgia Coalition to End Human Trafficking; Hotline: 1-866-363-4842
- Leadership, direction, and best practices for human trafficking
- Promotes consistency and a coordinated, victim-centered and trauma-informed response throughout Georgia.
- Operates hotline
GRACE Commission; Human Trafficking Awareness Training for Everyone
- Created by First Lady Marty Kemp to combat the threat of human trafficking in the State of Georgia. The GRACE Commission is comprised of public officials, law enforcement, for-profit and non-profit organizations, faith-based institutions, and subject matter experts to tackle human trafficking, seek justice for victims, and hold bad actors accountable.
- Faith-based organization that utilizes evidence-based demand reduction strategies to eradicate the Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children
- Picks up adult victim upon request and provides shelter and other services
- Addresses needs of foreign-born survivors, provides crisis counseling, short term shelter and housing assistance, healthcare, legal and immigration uses, TESL, vocational and life skills training and translation services
- Residential facility in Atlanta Georgia for sexually trafficked youth ages 11-17. Have multiple established programs to help victims heal during and after their 90 days at the facility.
- Hotline: 470-467-3669
Division of Family & Children Services
- Child protective services
- The DFCS staff is increasingly being trained specifically to handle CSEC cases
UGA CEASE Clinic
- Legal clinic at University of Georgia School of Law for Child Endangerment and Sexual Exploitation
- Provides free trauma-informed legal services to survivors of child sexual abuse and exploitation; increase access to justice for survivors